VCX is a non-profit organization dedicated to objective image quality testing of mobile phone cameras. Each phone that is submitted for testing undergoes an independent evaluation and receives a numeric score. The camera is tested for its image quality performance under a variety of factors including bright light conditions, low light conditions, and zoom among others. The final score is the sum of the performance of each image quality factor. For more information, please see the VCX-Forum website.
Image Engineering is one of the trusted VCX testing labs. Using our test equipment, we have set up our lab in line with the specifications outlined by the VCX white paper. As VCX is an open and independent testing organization, any lab can request the white paper to conduct in-house testing on their own. We are making our test setup available for any test lab that wishes to test on their own or aspires to become an officially certified test lab of VCX.
The VCX-Timing is a timing measurement solution for mobile phones. The setup is based on the timing measurement as outlined in the VCX white paper.
Please contact us for consultation and pricing for the solution.
The VCX-Timing solution consists of:
- TE261 - Measure the SFR (spatial frequency response) of digital cameras. The default chart for the AF-Box.
Camera and illumination mounting:
- iQ-Monopod - Professional tripod for exact camera positioning
- Manfrotto 3 Way Head - Unique tripod head that offers gear movement in three directions.
- iQ-AF Box- Illumination box with four dimmable fluorescent tubes.
- LED Panel - A measurement device to determine shutter and shooting time lag, autofocus time, frame rate, and exposure times of digital imaging devices.
- iQ-Trigget-T- Mechincal finger for touch screens.
- Gossen Mavolux 5032 B USB - Digital luxmeter and luminance meter classified according to DIN 5032-7 and CIE 69.
- iQ-Analyzer - Image quality analysis software.