VCX is a non-profit organization dedicated to objective image quality testing of mobile phone cameras. Each phone that is submitted for testing undergoes an independent evaluation and receives a numeric score. The camera is tested for its image quality performance under a variety of factors including bright light conditions, low light conditions, and zoom among others. The final score is the sum of the performance of each image quality factor. For more information, please see the VCX-Forum website.
Image Engineering is one of the trusted VCX testing labs. Using our test equipment, we have set up our lab in line with the specifications outlined by the VCX white paper. As VCX is an open and independent testing organization, any lab can request the white paper to conduct in-house testing on their own. We are making our test setup available for any test lab that wishes to test on their own or aspires to become an officially certified test lab of VCX.
The VCX-iQ solution covers all of the main image quality factors. Based on the VCX white paper, this solution is perfect to begin testing mobile phone cameras for VCX.
Please contact us for consultation and pricing for the solution.
The VCX-iQ solution consists of:
- TE42- Multi-purpose chart for quickly testing multiple image quality factors.
- iQ-Wallmount - Wall mounting frame for reflective charts.
- Tungsten Illumination System- Tungsten halogen light with two independent switchable tungsten halogen bulbs and a very compact metal housing.
Camera and illumination mounting:
- iQ-Monopod - Professional tripod for exact camera positioning
- Manfrotto 3 Way Head - Unique tripod head that offers gear movement in three directions.
- iQ-Mobilemount - Tripod mount for mobiles and tablets.
- iQ-Analyzer - Image quality analysis software.