Your start into camera image quality testing
Based on our experience in camera testing, Image Engineering has prepared a kit with the most important equipment to check a digital still camera.
Without the use of a transparent target, there is no reliable way to measure the dynamic range. To solve this problem, we have included the TE264 to measure noise, OECF, dynamic range and ISO speed (ISO 14524, ISO 15739 and ISO 12232).
A transparent target needs a uniform illumination, which the LE6** perfectly provides. The integrating sphere illuminates the TE264 V2 with tungsten light and can be changed to daylight using the color conversion filter. When linked with the TE255, you have a uniform light source to measure luminance and color shading (ISO 17957). For color reproduction, a reflective X-Rite ColorChecker SG (TE230) is included in the kit.
Along with that comes the TE251 (ISO 17850) chart, which can be used for measuring distortion and chromatic aberration. finally, resolution can be measured using sinusoidal Siemens stars and slanted edges (ISO 12233).
Also included is a basic wall mount for holding the reflective targets. Last but not least, in order to evaluate all the images taken with the sample camera, the kit contains the iQ-Analyzer, the most flexible analysis software for image quality evaluation.
The Starter Kit - Photo consists of:
- LE6-100 - Spherical illuminator
- CF5400 - conversion filter 5400K size D280
- TE182 - neutral gray 18% remission chart size A1066
- TE230 - X-Rite ColorChecker SG mounted on TE182
- TE251 - distortion, chromatic aberration crosses chart size A1066
- TE253-9x - modulated sinusoidal siemens star (slanted edge, kurtosis) chart size A1066
- TE255 - diffusor plate, vignetting chart size D280
- TE264 V2 - OECF20 chart size D280 (ISO 14524/15739 revision)
- iQ-Analyzer - image analysis software
- iQ-Wallmount - wall mounting frame for four reflective charts