Determine cell phone image quality
It usually is challenging to test cameras that cannot be manually adjusted to different lighting conditions. This problem is especially the case for camera modules in cell phones and other mobile devices.
Our Cell Phone Starter Kit helps alleviate this problem with the inclusion of the TE42 test chart which has an average reflection of approx. 18% and a standard contrast range. This chart can be used to determine various image quality aspects including resolution, distortion, color reproduction and texture loss.
The LE6* integrating sphere uniformly illuminates the TE270X V2 chart for OECF and noise measurements according to ISO 14524 and ISO 15739. This specific chart has a variable center density, which is used to manipulate the automatic exposure control.
By exchanging the chart with the TE255 diffusor plate, the setup can be used to determine luminance color shading, which is an issue, especially for small camera modules. The captured images are evaluated using the iQ-Analyzer software, which is also part of the kit.
The Starter Kit - Cell phone consists of:
- LE6-100* - Spherical illuminator
- CF5400 - conversion filter 5400K size D280
- TE42v2 - multi-purpose chart size A1066
- TE255 - diffusor plate, vignetting chart size D280
- TE270X V2 - a chart with two polarizing filters size D280
- iQ-Analyzer - image analysis software
- iQ-Wallmount - wall mounting frame for four reflective charts
*LE7 upgrade available (pricing will change)