Determine image quality of digital cameras
Due to the versatile applications of cameras in industrial image processing, the requirements for these cameras differ depending on the application. As true multi-talents, image-processing systems can scan the quality, identify components, read codes, provide essential data for optimizing the production process, and control machines.
With the Machine Vision Kit, it is possible to test all of the most important quality criteria for the optics and sensors including dynamic range, resolution, sensitivity, noise, and image refresh rate. Lighting can usually be controlled in machine vision, so a standard contrast of 10,000:1 for the OECF chart is sufficient.
However, since the tonal levels are used for automatic detection and evaluation of elements in the image, it is helpful to get the OECF as detailed as possible. for this reason, the TE269B V2 with its 36 gray levels, combined with the LE6** integrating sphere, has been added to the kit.
As for color, resolution, distortion, shading, etc., the standard charts (TE253, TE230, TE251, TE255, CF5400) in addition to the iQ-Analyzer software, can be used for evaluation.
The Starter Kit - Machine Vision consists of:
- LE6-100* - Spherical illuminator
- CF5400 - conversion filter 5400K size D280
- TE182 - neutral gray 18% remission chart size A1066
- TE230 - X-Rite ColorChecker SG mounted on TE182
- TE251 - distortion, chromatic aberration crosses chart size A1066
- TE253-9x - modulated sinusoidal siemens star (slanted edge, kurtosis) chart size A1066
- TE255 - diffusor plate, vignetting chart size D280
- TE269B V2 - 10.000:1 OECF 36 chart size D280
- iQ-Analyzer - image analysis software
- iQ-Wallmount - wall mounting frame for four reflective charts
*LE7 upgrade available (pricing will change)